CCM Volunteer Opportunities
All Saints’ has a long-standing relationship with Cooperative Christian Ministry (CCM), a community ministry that serves Cabarrus and Rowan counties through programs that move people from crisis to restoration. There are programs that focus on food, housing, financial needs, and program services. Over the years, many of our parishioners have volunteered in various capacities at CCM. As the ministry has grown and evolved, so have the volunteer opportunities.
If you have the desire to be part of this ministry effort, there is certainly a task or role that fits you. Each volunteer job opportunity requires a specific task and time commitment, from one-time projects to once-a-week responsibilities. Here are some of the possibilities:
- Inside Food Pantry – Working in the warehouse, loading cars, etc.
- Outside Food Pantry – Directing traffic in parking area
- Pickup driver on Thursdays at Food Lion in Kannapolis from 8-10 AM; must be able to lift 30-40lbs
- Mobile Food Pantry – Up to 5 people to help distribute food; 8:30-Noon
- Pickup food at Farmers Market (Team of 2) once a month from June through September; about 1-1/2 hours of work
- Hand out water and a snack to clients as they are leaving CCM, give words of encouragement or prayer. This is a good opportunity to include your children and model for them how to give back. You supply the water and snack. Can be for an hour, or from 10 AM-1 PM
- CCM involvement with “I love my city” – There are different ways you can participate
- Volunteer Appreciation Week – Making thank-you cards, treat bags, or lunch for CCM Volunteers.
For more information and to get involved, contact Don Foskey my email or 704-795-0303.