In the spring of 2018, All Saints’ embarked on a capital campaign to “set us free” from the debt service on the Parish Hall, which was severely limiting our ability to engage new ministries of service. An anonymous donor offered a challenge to match pledges up of $850,000, and we were blessed with pledges of $2,284,094!
As of July 1, 2021, 97.5% of the total pledged amount has been paid! This is a phenomenal accomplishment. Even with the challenges of COVID, faithful people continued to meet and, in some cases, exceeded their pledge. Congratulations and thank you!!
To recap: Capital Campaign donations paid off the remaining mortgage $1,658,162 in April 2018, and we celebrated wildly when we ‘burned’ the mortgage. After the campaign expenses of $43,380 were paid, your Vestry began looking at all the deferred maintenance work that needed to be done. The following projects have been completed:
- Renovate and upfit the Education Wing for our nursery and Sunday School and to allow it to be used for a Child Development Center during the work week (funded with additional donations and grants)
- Make repairs to the roof over the Education Wing
- Replace rotted wood around the building, fix gutters and drainage
- Update and improve the lighting in the Nave (funded with additional grants)
- Replace inefficient windows in the Staff Wing
These projects are in progress or pending current estimates:
- Restore the stained glass window as part of the Education Wing renovation
- Replace windows in the Staff Wing – to be completed by Fall
- The Building Maintenance Plan – updates are being made
The COVID pandemic required the addition of ION Scrubbers to each of our HVAC units. We also installed an emergency shower to prepare our space for emergency use. Repaving of the parking lots is on hold for the present as we evaluate the condition of the Sanctuary Roof. In total, approximately $2,229,882 has been spent, leaving us with a balance of about $291,127 in a Capital Reserve Account to be used for future repairs and capital improvements.
Some people have reported that COVID affected their ability to complete their pledge by May 2021, but they would like to do so in the future. If you are still working on your pledge, be assured, your church will continue direct your donation to the long-term maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant. Please reference ‘Capital Maintenance Reserve’ with your donation to ensure it is placed in the correct account.
Thank you all so much for your continued commitment to All Saints’. You have made a remarkable difference, stabilizing to our financial status, providing resources to ensure the safety and beauty of our building, and setting us free to serve and to love the way God loves!